Recipe prepared by Marie Ostrosky, Grey Salt Culinary
Make ordinary popcorn more flavorful and nutritious by including pecan butter, pecans, honey, and sugar.
Serves: 4-6 servings
- 1 bag microwave popcorn, popped
- ½ cup honey
- ⅓ cup sugar
- ¾ cup pecan butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons salt or to taste
- Pour the popped popcorn onto a sheet tray.
- Combine the honey and sugar in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Let simmer for about 2 minutes, then remove from the heat and add the pecan butter. Stir until all the pecan butter is melted, then stir in the vanilla.
- Pour the pecan butter caramel over the popcorn and toss with two spoons until evenly coated. Sprinkle with salt and let cool before serving.
- Makes 4-6 servings
Serves: About ¾ cup
- 2 cups toasted pecan halves or pieces, cooled
- 1-2 teaspoons honey
- Pinch of salt, to taste
- 1-2 tablespoons pecan oil, if necessary
- In a food processor, combine the toasted pecans, honey and salt.
- Process for about 2 to 3 minutes, pausing to scrape down the sides. The mixture will be crumbly at first but will eventually blend into a creamy butter. If too stiff, add pecan oil to loosen.
- Makes about ¾ cup