Recipe prepared by Morgan Larsson and Thema Charpentier, Brill a CSM Bakery Solutions Company
Quick and easy cinnamon rolls make a delicious breakfast or dessert for the whole family to enjoy.
Serves: 12 cinnamon rolls
For the Dough:
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1 package instant yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup plus 2 tablespoons warm milk
- ¼ cup warm water
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 large egg
For the Filling:
- 4 tablespoon very soft unsalted butter
- 6 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 cup chopped pecans
For the Glaze:
- 1 ½ cups powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3-4 tablespoons milk or pecan milk
- Preheat your oven to 200° F.
- In a large bowl or stand mixer fitted with a dough hook, mix together the flour, sugar, yeast and salt.
- Mix the butter mixture into the flour. Add the egg and mix until the dough is no longer sticky about 3 to 5 minutes. Let the dough rest for about 5 minutes.
- After the dough has rested, roll it out in a 15”x12” rectangle, with the long side closest to you.
- Spread the softened butter over the dough, making sure to spread edge to edge. Mix together the dark brown sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle evenly over the surface of the dough. Sprinkle the chopped pecan over the dough and press lightly to make sure they stick.
- Starting with the long side closest to you, tightly roll up the dough, jelly roll fashion. Slice the roll into 12 equal pieces. Place in a lightly greased 9”x13” baking pan and cover with foil.
Turn off the oven
- Place the cinnamon rolls in the oven to rise for 20 minutes.
- Keeping the rolls in the oven, remove the foil and turn on the oven to 375° F. Bake the cinnamon rolls for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool while making the glaze.
- Mix the powdered sugar, vanilla and 2 Tablespoons pecan milk together until smooth and lump free. Drizzle over warm rolls.
- Makes 12 cinnamon rolls