Recipe prepared by Marie Ostrosky, Grey Salt Culinary
The new nut milk trends that you see at the grocery store can easily be replicated at home. This dairy free pecan milk recipe can be used alone or incorporated into a smoothie, ice cream and other recipes.
Serves: About 2½ cups
- 1 cup raw or freshly roasted pecans
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup, to taste
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Pinch of Salt
- Place the pecans in your blender and add 2 cups of water. Blend until the mixture is creamy and smooth, about 1 minute.
- Add the maple syrup, the vanilla and a pinch of salt. Blend again to combine. Taste, add additional maple syrup if you’d like sweeter milk. No need to strain.
- Makes about 2½ cups