Courtesy: Georgia Pecan Commission
- 5 medium-sized tomatoes (about 1 lb., cut into thin wedges)
- ½ cup fresh basil (chopped)
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 large garlic clove (minced)
- 3 cup saffron-flavored rice (cooked)
- 3 chicken breast halves (roasted or grilled, cut into strips)
- ½ cup plus 1 Tbsp. pecan pieces or halves (toasted)
- 2 cup mixed salad greens
- In a bowl, combine tomatoes, basil, olive oil, lemon juice and garlic.
- Marinate at room temperature for 20 minutes.
- Add cooked rice and cooked chicken strips to bowl and stir.
- Fold in ½ cup of pecans.
- Spoon salad into center of serving plates and surround with greens. Scatter remaining pecans over top of each salad.