Recipe prepared by Marie Ostrosky, Grey Salt Culinary
Who doesn’t love delicious homemade ice cream? This dairy-free maple pecan milk ice cream recipe is perfect for a hot day, a special occasion or just because.
- 2½ cups pecan milk
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 4 tablespoons pecan oil
- Combine all ingredients in a blender to create a creamy liquid. Pour into an ice cream machine and churn as per your machine's directions (about 15 to 20 minutes). Serve immediately...no need to cure in the freezer.
- 1 cup raw or freshly roasted pecans
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup, to taste
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Pinch of Salt
- Place the pecans in your blender and add 2 cups of water. Blend until the mixture is creamy and smooth, about 1 minute.
- Add the maple syrup, the vanilla and a pinch of salt. Blend again to combine. Taste, add additional maple syrup if you’d like sweeter milk. No need to strain.
- Makes about 2½ cups