Recipe prepared by Marie Ostrosky, Grey Salt Culinary
Create your own homemade snack mix using pecan halves, wheat cereal, BBQ seasoning, and honey. They make the perfect on-the-go snack or party mix. A favorite for kids and adults alike.
Serves: 7 cups
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 cup wheat cereal (such as Chex)
- 1 cup mini wheat crackers (such as Triscuits)
- 1 cup unsalted pretzel wheels
- 1 cup corn chips (such as Fritos)
- 1 cup oyster crackers
- 1 cup cheese crackers
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 3 tablespoon BBQ seasoning
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- Preheat your oven to 325° F.
- Line a sheet tray with foil and spray with cooking spray. Toss pecan halves with the honey and place on the sheet tray.
- Combine the rest of the snack mix in a large bowl. Pour the melted butter over the snack mix and toss to coat well. Pour the snack mix onto the sheet tray.
- Sprinkle the BBQ seasoning and sugar over the sheet tray and toss to coat well. Bake for 20 minutes, tossing frequently. Remove from oven, let cool slightly and enjoy!
- Store in air tight containers.
- Makes 7 cups