This delicious Gumbo and Pecan Rouille (Butter) is from Chef Efrem Cutler, Corporate Executive Chef and Director of Product Development for Bloomin Brands International
Serves: 16 oz.
- Pecan Rouille (Pecan Butter
- 4 Cups Pecan Pieces
- 1 & ½ Tbsp Sugar, Granulated
- 1 Tsp Salt, Kosher
- Place pecans on a baking pan and roast pecans in a 350° oven for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove pecans from oven and place in a food processor.
- Add salt and sugar and purée the mixture into butter.
- Take a spatula and scrape down the sides of the food processor bowl.
- Continue blending the mixture until smooth, about 3-4 minutes.
To serve with gumbo: Drizzle or swirl a tablespoon (or to taste), over a hot bowl of gumbo.