Courtesy: Georgia Pecan Commission
To take along on picnics and outings, make the crab and pecan filling in a portable container, pack the tacos separately and let everyone assemble their own when ready to serve.
- 8 oz. crabmeat
- 10 grape or cherry tomatoes, quartered
- ½ cup drained canned corn
- ¼cup thinly sliced red onion
- ½ green bell pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- 2 to 3 Tbsp. chopped pickled jalapeno
- 2 Tbsp. pickling liquid from jalapenos
- 1 Tbsp. finely chopped cilantro
- 1 ripe avocado
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ⅔ cup pecan halves, toasted
- 6 corn taco shells
- Several hours or day before serving, combine crabmeat, tomatoes, corn, red onion, bell pepper, lime juice, pickled jalapenos and their liquid, and the cilantro in a medium bowl.
- Mix well, cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Just before serving, stir pecans into crab mixture.
- Peel and pit avocado; mash with salt to form a paste.
- Spread a thin layer of avocado paste inside each taco shell.
- Fill shells with crab mixture and serve.