Recipe courtesy of Maximo Lopez May, Hyatt Hotels
This traditional German dessert is actually a twist on the All-American classic…Pecan Pie. Which just goes to show you the whole world loves a good Pecan Pie!
- 10 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 6 Tbsp. demerara or granulated sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped pecan nuts
- ½ cup demerara or granulated sugar
- 6 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 3 Tbsp. milk
- ⅓ cup bitter chocolate, chopped
- With an electric mixer, cream together the butter and the sugar. Add the egg and mix until well combined. Stir in the flour and combine to make a dough. Pat the dough into a 9-inch pie plate.
- In a small saucepan, combine the chopped pecans, sugar, butter, milk and chocolate. Heat over low heat until chocolate melts.
- Pour the chocolate pecan mixture over the pie dough.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Turn the oven off and let the Chocolate Pecan Pie sit for an additional 15 minutes. Serve while still warm