This warm pasta salad with spinach is packed with the nutty flavor of pecans.
- 8 oz. rigatoni pasta
- ¼ cup Italian or Greek dressing
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- ½ cup sweet onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 5 oz. baby spinach
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- Fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- ½ cup toasted pecans
- Cook pasta in 2 quarts boiling, salted water until al dente, 7 to 8 minutes.
- Transfer pasta to large bowl and toss with dressing. Keep warm.
- Heat olive oil in skillet over medium-high heat.
- Sauté onions 3 to 4 minutes until they begin to become translucent.
- Add garlic and sauté 1 minute longer, stirring constantly.
- Add spinach to skillet and sauté until just beginning to wilt, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Combine with pasta and mix in ricotta cheese.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Top with toasted pecans.