Recipe prepared by Gena Berry, Culinary Works
This vegetarian friendly stuffed eggplant recipe includes pecans, sundried tomatoes, and feta cheese. It makes a great dinner entree or side dish for any day of the week.
Serves: 8 servings
- 4 baby eggplants
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 cup chopped onion
- ½ cup chopped sun dried tomatoes
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup feta cheese
- Parsley for garnish
- Lemon wedges for serving
- Preheat your oven to 425° F.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and generously spray with cooking spray.
- Slice the eggplant in half lengthwise, place on the sheet tray and drizzle with 2 tablespoons olive oil, salt and pepper. Turn the eggplant flesh side down on the sheet tray, place in the oven and roast for 30 minutes until flesh is caramelized and skin has browned.
- Remove eggplants from oven. When cool enough to handle, scoop out some of the flesh, just enough to make room for the stuffing. Reserve the scoopings, lightly chop and set aside.
- Heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large skillet. Sauté the onions for about 5 minutes until lightly caramelized. Add the chopped eggplant flesh and sauté for 2 minutes. Add the chopped pecans, chopped garlic, cinnamon, salt, pepper and sauté for 3 to 5 minutes to toast. Stir in the sun dried tomatoes and sauté for 1 minute to heat through.
- Generously stuff the eggplant shells, top with feta cheese and pop until broiler for 1 to 2 minutes until cheese browns
- Garnish with parsley and serve with lemon slices.
- Make 8 servings