Recipe and photo courtesy of Fisher Nuts
Simple pecan pie is an easy spin on an old favorite. This delicious family treat is sure to disappear from your dinner table in 3..2..gone!
- 1 refrigerated piecrust shell
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ⅓ cup butter
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1½ cups pecan halves
- Preheat oven to 355 F
- Line 9-inch pie plate with pastry shell; crimp edges
- For filling, in medium saucepan combine corn syrup, sugar and butter. Cook over low heat stirring until sugar dissolves and butter melts. Remove from heat, cool slightly.
- Add eggs and vanilla; stir well to combine. Stir in pecan halves.
- Pour filling into pastry shell. Bake 55-60 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean. Remove from oven; cool completely before serving.