This Silken Chocolate Pecan Tart by Chef Kami Smith, Corporate Pastry Chef of Dawn Food Products, is a great dessert for any meal. The decadent chocolate with the ginger cookie crumb and pecan meal pairs perfectly with the pecan vodka and heavy cream.
- 1½ Cup Chocolate Cookie crumb
- 1½ Cup Ginger cookie crumb
- ¾ Cup Brown sugar, dark
- ½ Cup Pecan Meal
- 4 Oz Butter, unsalted, melted
- 1½ Cup Heavy Cream
- ½ Cup Whole Milk
- 3 Cup Semi-sweet Chocolate
- 1 Egg, whole
- ¼ Cup Pecan Vodka
- Place all cookie crumbs, brown sugar, and pecan meal in a bowl and combine well.
- Add melted butter and mix well.
- Press crumb into a greased baking dish (9×13).
- Bake for 10 minutes at 350 degrees F.
- Remove and cool and set aside.
- In a small pot, scald heavy cream and milk.
- Pour over semi-sweet chocolate (chopped chocolate or chips) and let sit for 3 minutes.
- Using a rubber spatula, combine the dairy and chocolate.
- Add one beaten egg and stir quickly to incorporate.
- Add pecan vodka to chocolate mixture and combine well.
- Pour over cooled cookie crust and bake 325 degrees F for 25-30 minutes or until there is no ‘jiggle’ in the center.
- Remove from oven and cool completely. Cover with plastic wrap.
- Place in refrigerator and chill 24 hours.
- Remove from cooler and cut into desired size.