Create your own homemade roasted pecans. They make the perfect snack, salad topper and even a great hostess gift. Seasonally, fresh pecans can be found at your favorite grocery store or farmers market.
- 1½ lb. fresh pecan halves
- 6 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1 Tbsp. salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Melt butter in saucepan.
- Pour into large mixing bowl, add pecan halves.
- Toss with a spoon and sprinkle salt evenly over the pecans, toss again.
- Spread the pecans in a single layer on a cookie sheet or in a shallow roasting pan. Roast uncovered for 15 – 20 minutes, tossing twice with a spoon. Drain on paper towels.
- Serve with cocktails or anytime as a snack.