Recipe courtesy of Popoff Enterprises.
Serving size: 4 cups
- 4 cups pecan halves
- 4 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 3 Tbsp. Dark Brown Sugar
- 3 Tbsp. Light Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp. dried ground orange peel
- 1 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 2 tsp. water
- In a dry skillet, toast the nuts for about 4 – 5 minutes over medium heat. Stir the nuts occasionally until they begin browning.
- Add the butter stirring to coat the nuts as it melts.
- Toast and stir for about a minute until the nuts brown further.
- Add the brown sugar and spices and distribute them in the pan.
- Stir for about a minute then add the water to create a syrup and stir to coat the nuts.
- Cook for another minute stirring constantly.
- Remove from the heat and spread on a piece of parchment paper over a cooling rack. Serve as a garnish, snack, appetizer, or package as a gift.