Recipe prepared by Holly Chute, Georgia Grown / Department of Agriculture
Consider this interesting appetizer for your next party or family get together – pecan stuffed dates wrapped in bacon.
Serves: 24 Dates
- 24 Pitted dates
- 24 Pecan halves
- 12 slices of raw local bacon
- 24 Toothpicks
- 1-2 tablespoons BBQ seasoning
- Preheat your oven to 400° F.
- Lightly spray a foil lined sheet tray with cooking spray.
- Insert a pecan half into each date. Cut each bacon strip in half. Wrap the bacon around a stuffed date and then secure with a toothpick.
- Arrange the dates, seam side down on the sheet tray and then dust with BBQ seasoning.
- Bake the stuffed dates for 15 to 17 minutes until the bacon is brown and crispy.
- When done, transfer the dates to a paper towel lined plate to cool for a minute or two.
- Makes 24 Stuffed Dates