This pecan and sautéed onion soup recipe from Chef Leif Benson, CEC, AAC – Chef Emeritus with Pro Chefs Oregon is one for the (recipe) books!
Serves: 2 quarts
- 3 Tbsp. pecan oil
- 1 Cup sweet onion, diced
- 3 Cloves fresh garlic, crushed
- 6 Oz tomato paste
- 1½ quarts chicken stock
- 2 Cups half & half
- 2 Chipotle in adobo peppers, to taste
- 2-3 Cups pecan, pieces
- 3 Tbsp. lime juice
- Salt and pepper, for taste
- Sauté onion and garlic in Pecan Oil until translucent.
- Add tomato paste and Chipotle, stir,
- Add the chicken stock and half & half.
- Bring to a boil then turn down to a simmer.
- Add pecan pieces and simmer for 30 min.
- Puree half the soup until smooth then add back to combine.
- Finish with fresh lime juice for taste.
- Garnish with chopped pecans and nut oil.