These Pecan Ricotta Dumplings were created by Chef Keith Schroeder of High Road Craft Ice Cream and feature pecan meal with fresh sage, lemon and Parmigiano reggiano.
- 1 & ½ Cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 & ½ Cups Whole Milk Ricotta
- ¼ Cup Pecan Meal
- 4 ea. Whole Eggs
- ½ Tsp Salt
- ¼ Cup Pecan Oil
- 2 Tbsp. Sage, Fresh, chopped
- 3 Tbsp. Butter
- 1 ea. Lemon, whole, juiced
- ¼ Cup Parmigiano Reggiano, grated
- Combine flour, pecan meal, and salt and mix well.
- Make a well in the center of the mix and add eggs.
- Combine with a fork until the dough binds and set aside to allow time to rest.
- Bring two quarts of water to a boil.
- Using a small scoop, or two spoons, create miniature dumplings.
- Drop into boiling water six at a time.
- Lift out with a slotted spoon onto a platter.
- Repeat until all dumpling dough is used.
- In a large sauté pan, warm pecan oil over medium heat.
- Add butter.
- Add dumplings in a single layer, turning frequently, until just beginning to brown.
- Add sage and toss for two minutes.
- Turn off heat and mix in lemon juice.
- Finish with the grated Parmigiano reggiano.