Recipe from Michael Coble, Aramark
Start your morning right. Creamy, fruity and crunchy…this breakfast parfait will keep you going all day.
- 2 cups Greek yogurt
- 4 Tbsp. honey
- 2 cups strawberries, sliced
- 1 cup pecan nut crunch (recipe follows)
Pecan Nut Crunch
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 1 cup almonds, sliced
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds
- ½ cup sunflower seeds
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- 6 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine the nuts and seeds. Drizzle with maple syrup and vanilla extract. Sprinkle with cinnamon and toss until well coated.
- Spray a parchment lined baking sheet with cooking spray. Spread the nut mixture in a single layer onto the baking sheet.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 10 to 15 minutes until golden brown, being careful not to burn the nuts. Remove the nut crunch from the oven and let cool.
- To serve Pecan Nut Crunch, break into pieces and enjoy!