Recipe from Brenda McGranahan, Cinnabon and Benjamin Stanley, Baskin Robbins
It’s gooey, it’s buttery and starting with a store bought cake mix couldn’t make this dessert any easier. This Pecan Gooey Butter Pie gets a little kick from cayenne…and a little spiced rum doesn’t hurt either!
- 1 (18-ounce) box yellow cake mix
- ½ cup pecan meal
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 stick (4-ounces) salted butter
- 3 large eggs
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 3 Tbsp. spiced rum, divided
- 2 cups pecan halves
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 Tbsp. granulated sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cake mix, pecan meal, cinnamon, and cayenne pepper. In a microwave safe bowl, microwave the butter for about 30 seconds. Add the butter and 1 egg to the cake mix and stir until well combined. Press the cake mixture into the bottom of a greased 9×13 glass baking dish.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat 2 eggs and cream cheese until smooth. Add the powdered sugar and 2 tablespoons of spiced rum. Pour the cream cheese mixture over the crust. Sprinkle the pecan halves over the surface
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes until pie is cooked through and golden brown.
- To serve, whip the heavy cream with the remaining 1 tablespoon of spiced rum and the granulated sugar to form soft peaks. Spoon Pecan Gooey Butter Pie onto a dessert plate and dollop with spiced whipped cream on the side.