Recipe prepared by Marie Ostrosky, Grey Salt Culinary
A low-carb gluten free pecan crust pizza is a great option for a snack or a meal anytime. This recipe is ideal for those with celiac or on a low-carb diet.
Serves: 8 slices
- 1½ cups pecan meal
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup water
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon pecan oil
- ¼ cup of your favorite pizza sauce
- ½ cup shredded fresh mozzarella cheese
- 4 slices prosciutto, chopped
- ¼ cup fresh basil, chiffonade
- Preheat your oven to 350° F.
- In a bowl, combine the pecan meal, parmesan cheese, baking powder, dried oregano and salt.
- In a small bowl or 2 cup measuring cup, whisk together the water, egg and pecan oil.
- Pour the water mixture into the pecan meal and blend to combine, it should look like a wet ball of dough.
- Line a sheet tray with parchment paper and spray with cooking spray. Place the dough onto the sheet tray. Place another piece of parchment on top of the dough. Roll or pat the dough into a 10" round.
- Bake the crust for about 30 minutes until golden and crisp around the edges. Top the crust with pizza sauce, fresh mozzarella and prosciutto. Place the pizza back in the oven or broiler for 2 to 3 minutes to melt the cheese. Makes 8 slices.
- Makes 8 slices