- 1 lb. large mushrooms
- 1 T. mushroom stems (from mushrooms)
- ¼ c. chives or green tops of scallions (chopped)
- ⅓ c. pecans (chopped)
- 5 oz. (1 can) chicken spread
- 2 T. sherry
- 1 T. salad oil
- 1 egg
- ½ T. salt
- 1 dash black pepper
- 16-20 pecan halves (lightly toasted)
- ½ c. salad oil (for dipping)
- Put ½ cup salad oil in cup or bowl.
- Wash mushrooms, remove and chop stems, reserving 1 tablespoon.
- Dip each mushroom cap into the oil, and place into rectangular dish or ring mold. (If using rectangular dish, larger caps should be placed in the corners.)
- Mix remaining ingredients (except pecan halves) and stuff caps with mixture.
- Top each cap with a pecan half.
- Cover with plastic wrap and cook 15 minutes on high in microwave oven.
- Let stand for five minutes before serving.