Recipe from Stacy Little, SouthernBite.com and Seth Freedman, PeachDish
What’s better than Mac & Cheese? A Mac & Cheese you can make in one pot and topped with nutty pecans!
- 2½ cups water
- 1 cup whole milk
- 8 ounces elbow macaroni
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup pecan bits
- ½ cup pecan meal
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium saucepot combine the water, milk, macaroni and salt. Heat over medium heat. Stir occasionally while the liquid comes to a simmer, then reduce heat to low.
- Continue to cook over low heat, stirring often, until macaroni is fully cooked and most of the liquid has been absorbed, about 10 minutes.
- Remove the pot from heat. Add half the cheese, and stir until it has fully melted. Stir in the butter and half of the remaining cheese, saving about ¼ cup for topping. If the consistency appears a little too dry, stir in a small splash of hot water. Taste and adjust seasoning as desired.
- Transfer the mac & cheese into a baking dish, top with pecan pieces, pecan meal and remaining cheese. Bake until bubbly and browned on top, about 8 to 10 minutes. Enjoy!