Recipe from Michael Coble, Aramark
Try this twist on the classic pecan pie by making them bite sized….. Good things come in small packages!
Serves: 12 pies
- 1 stick unsalted butter (1/4 pound)
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- ½ tsp. vanilla
- 11/4 cup sifted AP flour
- ⅛ tsp. salt
- 2 sticks unsalted butter (1/2 pound)
- 1 cup plus 2 Tbsp. brown sugar
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 pound pecan pieces
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- With an electric mixer, cream together 1 stick of butter and ¼ cup sugar until light and fluffy. Add the egg and vanilla and beat until well combined. Whisk together the flour and salt and then add to butter mixture in 3 additions. Blend well until a dough forms.
- Butter or spray 12 mini fluted molds. Divide dough into 12 equal portions and pat into mini molds. Prick the dough with a fork to prevent bubbling or rising. Partially bake molds for 15 minutes.
- In a saucepan, combine 2 sticks of butter, 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons brown sugar, ¼ cup sugar and ¼ cup honey. Bring to a boil and cook for 3 minutes. Remove from heat and carefully stir in the pecans and the heavy cream.
- Pour the filling into the pie crust molds. Return to the oven and bake for 20 minutes or until bubbly and the top is semi-firm. Let cool before serving.
- Serve Mini Pecan Pies with whipped cream if desired.