Recipe prepared by Ted Osorio, General Mills
For your next taco Tuesday dinner, consider this meatless pecan and mushroom taco recipe. An excellent vegetarian option, flavorful and satisfying.
Serves: Makes about 6 flour tortillas or 10 taco shells
- 2 tablespoons pecan or olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups chopped mushrooms
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ to ¾ cup water
- Flour tortillas or taco shells
- Shredded Lettuce
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Chopped Tomatoes
- Chopped Onion
- Pickled Jalapeño
- Taco Sauce
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet. Sauté onions until softened, about 2 to 3 minutes. Add the mushrooms and sauté until onions have caramelized and mushrooms have browned, about 5 to 7 minutes. Stir in the pecans and the spices.
- Sauté for about 2 minutes to toast. Stir in ½ to ¾ cup of water, reduce the heat and simmer for about 5 minutes until flavors have developed and water has reduced.
- Serve with tortillas and assorted toppings.
- Makes about 6 flour tortillas or 10 taco shells