Recipe prepared by Diane Rossen Worthington, Tribune Syndication
The mashed sweet potatoes with peach preserves and buttered pecans recipe is the perfect compliment to your family’s holiday meal. A quick and easy compliment to any occasion.
Serves: 6 Servings
- 2 ½ pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into medium chunks (about 2 large potatoes)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- ⅔ cup peach preserves or frozen peaches
- ¾ cup pecan milk or half-and-half
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- In a medium saucepan filled with water on medium heat, simmer the sweet potatoes until just done, about 15 to 20 minutes. Drain, and return to saucepan. (Alternately, roast in a 400° F. oven for 20 to 30 minutes).
- Mash in 6 tablespoons butter and peach preserves until melted. Drizzle in the pecan milk to desired consistency. Season with salt, pepper and cayenne, if using. Transfer to a serving dish.
- In a small skillet, toast the chopped pecans for about 2 minutes until nutty. Sprinkle over sweet potatoes and serve.
- Makes 6 servings