These lemon green beans will add a bold, refreshing taste to any meal.
- 1 lb. fresh green beans
- Salt for taste
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- ¼ cup green onions (sliced)
- ¼ cup pecans (chopped, toasted)
- 1 tsp. dried rosemary
- 2 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp. lemon rind (grated)
- Wash beans and remove ends. Sprinkle with salt.
- Arrange beans in a steamer basket and place over boiling water.
- Cover and steam for approximately 10 minutes, or until crisp-tender.
- Plunge green beans into cold water to stop cooking process.
- Drain and set aside.
- In large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add green onions and cook, stirring constantly, for three minutes.
- Add green beans, pecans, rosemary and lemon juice.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture is thoroughly heated.
- Sprinkle with lemon rind and garnish with lemon slice or fresh rosemary sprigs if desired.