Recipe from Brenda McGranahan, Cinnabon and Benjamin Stanley, Baskin Robbins
Fresh and portable, this winning salad is as beautiful as it is delicious. The toasted pecan garnish and pecan oil dressing add a nutty depth of flavor from top to bottom.
- ¼ cup pecan oil
- 3 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- ⅛ tsp. black pepper
- 2 cara cara oranges, zested
- 1½ pounds Brussels sprouts
- ½ cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cara cara oranges, segmented
- 1 pound shrimp (40-60 count) cooked, peeled and deveined
- 2 yellow bell peppers, diced
- 1 cup pecan halves, toasted
- 4 (12-ounce) mason jars with lids
- Preheat your oven to 500 degree F.
- Place the Brussel sprouts in a single layer on a baking sheet and roast until lightly charred, about 10 to 15 minutes. Remove from the oven. When cool enough to handle, shave into thin strands and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the pecan oil, cider vinegar, honey, salt, black pepper and orange zest until well combined.
- To assemble the salad, pour 2 tablespoons of vinaigrette into each Mason jar. Evenly distribute layers of sliced red onion, orange segments, shrimp, diced yellow peppers and shaved Brussel sprouts.
- Top with toasted pecans halves. Seal with a lid and refrigerated until ready to eat.