Herbed Pecan Snack Mix is the perfect mix of savory flavors in a bite sized snack.
- 5 cups cereal (any combination of bite-size wheat, rice or corn squares; shredded wheat cereal; round toasted oat cereal; and crispy corn or rice cereal bites)
- 1½ cups pretzels or chow mein noodles
- 1 cup pecan halves or pieces
- ⅓ cup butter or regular margarine (melted)
- 1 tbsp. dried parsley flakes
- 1 tsp. dried thyme (crushed)
- ½ tsp. celery salt
- ½ tsp. onion powder
- Combine cereals, pretzels (or chow mein noodles) and pecans in a 13x9x2” baking pan.
- In a bowl, stir melted butter (or margarine) and remaining ingredients together.
- Pour over cereal mixture, tossing gently until well coated. Bake at 325 degrees for 25 minutes, stirring once or twice.
- Spread in a large shallow pan or on foil to cool before serving.