Chef Trent Page, Chef de Cuisine at Bon Appetite created this fresh pecan topped salad for the Google, You Tube Headquarters Cafeteria.
- 2 Tbsp. Miso (Red)
- ¼ Cup Rice Wine Vinegar
- 2 tsp Honey
- Juice of ½ lemon
- ¼ Cup Pecan Oil
- 1 tsp. Shichimi Pepper (or substitute chili flake)
- 4 Tbsp. Pecan Pieces (small)
- Salt and Pepper for taste
Served on a salad of:
- Frisee (or other chicories like escarole or radicchio)
- Caramelized persimmon
- Roasted squash (such as Delicata)
- Pomegranate seeds
- Pecans, toasted with a little pecan oil, brown sugar and pomegranate powder
- Combine Miso, Honey, and Vinegar.
- Drizzle in oil while whisking to emulsify.
- Add the remaining ingredients and season to taste.
*Other additions: toasted pumpkin seeds or feta cheese.