This Pecan Crusted Lamb from Chef Luis Reyes, Executive Chef for Sysco Central Florida is the perfect treat for a special night.
- 2 Racks of Lamb, Frenched
- 2 Oz White Rum
- 3 Oz Whole Grain Dijon Mustard
- 2 Tbsp. Light Brown Sugar
- ½ Cup Panko Breadcrumbs
- ½ Cup Pecan Pieces
- 2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- In a food processor pulse the pecans to the same size as the panko bread crumbs.
- Combine with breadcrumbs and set to the side and reserve.
- Combine the rum, mustard and sugar and mix until completely dissolved.
- Season the lamb racks with salt, pepper and olive oil.
- Grill the lamb for 2-3 min each side and reserve.
- Coat the lamb rack with the mustard-rum mixture.
- Follow that with a coating of the pecan and panko breadcrumb mixture.
- Finish cooking in a 350 degree oven until desired internal temperature has been reached (125-128 for medium-medium rare).
- Let the lamb rest at room temperature for 5-8 min before slicing into lamb chops and serve.