These crispy pecan fish fillets are a nutty twist on a classic fish fried favorite.
- 11/2 lbs. fish fillets (catfish, snapper, flounder or fish of choice)
- 1 cups milk
- 1 Tbsp. Tabasco sauce
- ½ tsp. salt
- 2 cups yellow cornmeal
- 1 stick of unsalted butter (8 Tbsp.)
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup pecans (chopped)
- 1 cup fresh parsley (chopped)
- ½ cup fresh lemon juice
- Wash fish fillets under cold running water and place in bowl with milk, Tabasco and salt.
- Allow them to sit at room temperature for 15 minutes.
- Just before cooking, drain fillets and dredge in the cornmeal.
- Heat 2 tablespoons each of butter and vegetable oil in skillet over medium-high heat.
- Fry cornmeal-covered fillets until crispy and brown (about 2 minutes on each side).
- Remove from pan with slotted spatula and drain on paper towels.
- Repeat until all fish is fried. Keep warm. Drain the skillet and add remaining butter.
- Place over medium heat and when melted, add pecans.
- Stir constantly while pecans brown.
- Add parsley and lemon juice and stir.
- Pour sauce over fillets and serve immediately.