Recipe from Maximo Lopez May, Hyatt Hotels
A few simple ingredients are transformed into a creamy, delicious, traditional chilled Spanish soup. It’s almost like drinking a pecan smoothie!
- • 1 head garlic
- • 2 slices of day old sourdough bread, crust removed
- • 2 cups vegetable stock
- • 1 cup chopped pecan nuts
- • 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- • 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- • ½ teaspoon salt
- • 1 cup seedless green grapes, halved
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Wrap the garlic in aluminum foil. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until the cloves feel soft when pressed. Remove from oven and when cool enough to handle, squeeze out the garlic cloves.
- Soak the sourdough bread in water until very soggy. Squeeze out excess water.
- In a food processor or blender, pulse the garlic cloves, the soaked bread, vegetable stock pecans, olive oil, sherry vinegar and salt until smooth. Chill until ready to serve.
- To serve, pour the chilled soup into serving bowls. Garnish with halved grapes and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.