This chicken salad is a happy medium between the deliciousness of roasted vegetables and hearty pecan garnished chicken breast.
- ½ cup pecans, finely chopped and toasted
- ½ cup panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Freshly ground black pepper, for taste
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ pound cherry tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, for taste
- 4 cups mixed greens
- Red onion slices
- Cucumber slices
- 2 ounces blue cheese
- Ranch or balsamic vinaigrette dressing
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Mix together pecans, panko, salt, cayenne and black pepper.
- Melt butter and oil in ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat.
- Dredge chicken in pecan panko mixture. Sauté in skillet until brown on bottom – about 2 minutes.
- Turn chicken over and place skillet in oven. Bake 15 to 18 minutes until cooked through. Set aside.
- Slice when cool.
- Lower oven temperature to 350°F.
- Arrange tomatoes on baking sheet and toss with olive oil.
- Bake 30 minutes. Remove from oven and season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- To assemble, divide greens between two plates.
- Arrange red onion, cucumber, roasted tomatoes and chicken over greens.
- Top with blue cheese, if desired.
- Serve with ranch dressing or balsamic vinaigrette dressing.