- 6 c. butternut squash (peeled and seeded)
- 3 T. butter
- 1 large onion (finely chopped)
- 1 c. pecans (coarsely chopped, toasted)
- 3 T. fresh parsley (minced)
- Dice squash into ½” cubes. Melt butter in large skillet.
- Add onion and sauté until very tender (about 15 minutes).
- Add squash and toss to coat.
- Cover and cook until squash is tender, but still holds its shape (about 15-30 minutes, stirring frequently).
- Stir in half of pecans and half of parsley.
- Transfer to bowl.
- Sprinkle with remaining pecans and parsley, then serve.