Courtesy: Georgia Pecan Commission
Baked vegetable dishes are a perennial potluck favorite and a staple of community cookbooks. This one combines a familiar green veggie with some delicious surprise ingredients: pecans for crunch and richness, and horseradish for spice.
- 2 bags (10 oz. each) frozen broccoli flowerets
- ½ cup roasted red pepper strips
- ½ cup Georgia pecan halves
- ¼ tsp. each salt and black pepper
- 3 Tbsp. butter, divided
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp. prepared horseradish sauce
- ¼ cup dry coarse breadcrumbs
- 2 Tbsp. grated Parmesan
- Fresh lemon juice to sprinkle
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Lightly oil a 9-inch round baking dish or pie plate.
- Thaw broccoli in skillet over medium heat. Drain well.
- Transfer to bowl and add red pepper and pecans. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- In same skillet, melt 2 tablespoons butter.
- Whisk in mayonnaise and horseradish sauce and cook over low, stirring, to make a smooth sauce.
- Pour sauce over broccoli, peppers, and pecans and stir gently to coat.
- Spread mixture in prepared baking dish; sprinkle with breadcrumbs and cheese.
- Dot with remaining tablespoon butter and bake on top rack in oven for 20 to 25 minutes until golden. Serve warm.