Apple pecan pancakes are the perfect dish for a Sunday brunch.
- 1 cup flour
- 2 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- ¾ cup (plus 2 tsp.) milk
- 2 eggs (separated)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ cup apples (peeled, finely chopped)
- ½ cup plus ¼ cup pecans (chopped
- In a bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- Stir in milk, egg yolks and vanilla.
- Add apples and ½ cup pecans.
- Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form, then fold into batter.
- Pour ¼ cup of batter onto a hot, greased griddle or skillet.
- Turn when bubbles begin to form and the edges are golden.
- Cook until the second side is golden, then serve topped with remaining pecans and a favorite syrup.