March 11-12, 2020
Palm Harbor, Florida
Innisbrook, a Salamander Golf & Spa Resort
Click here: NPSA 2020 Mid-Winter Meeting Schedule of Events
General Session Presentations
Mapping Pecans Across the U.S.
Learn more about a special project currently underway in the pecan industry to identify and map all bearing-acreage in the United States. Using drones, satellite imagery and high tech algorithms, a company called Land IQ, with funding from the American Pecan Council, is helping take the guesswork out of crop forecasts to provide better data for shellers and growers.
Tracking Trends That Matter
Todd Hale, Consultant & Former Sr. Vice President at Nielsen Co.
Over the past several years, economic, demographic, competitive, and other influencers created fundamental changes in the way U.S. retailers and manufacturers responded to shopper demand. The retail environment continues to evolve, yielding growth for some, but not all. This presentation explores growth drivers and disruptors which should matter to you today and tomorrow. Retail is no longer just about location, location, location. Today, what matters is innovation, innovation, innovation and the acquisitions and partnerships we make to stay relevant.
Click Here: Online Registration! Early bird rates have ended.
Please note: meeting registrations are refundable until February 28, 2020. For each requested refund, a $75 processing fee will be deducted. After February 28, registrations are non-refundable.
Expand your company’s presence and its ROI! Click here for more information on NPSA Mid-Winter Meeting Sponsorship opportunities.
Scheduling of Non-NPSA Functions
Please remember that no events are to be scheduled to conflict with official NPSA events. This includes hospitality suites, special breakfasts or dinners, recreational activities, including transportation and similar events.
Resort – NPSA Rate extended to February 21!
Innisbrook has 900 acres of natural beauty, and spacious guestrooms from 225 to over 1,000 square feet. Experience resort living with the comforts of home.
For reservations click here: NPSA 2020 Mid-Winter Meeting. To modify the search fields for arrival/departure dates or number of guests, just click the “Apply Changes/Modify Search” in blue on the right side of the page.
Or, call the hotel 727.942.2000, and reference NPSA or group code 11A9HQ.
Single, Double, Triple or Quad Occupancy: $205 + $20* Resort Fee + 13% tax. Resort fee reduced from $29/night for rooms booked in the NPSA block. Click here for more information about the resort fee and everything included.
Attendees are encouraged to make their room reservations as early as possible. These rates are available until the NPSA block is sold out, or the cut-off date – February 21, 2020, whichever comes first.
A variety of room types are available on a first-come, first-served basis: deluxe bedrooms, executive suites, and one-bedroom suites. For more information on room types, click here.
For a property map, including the local area, click here.
To guarantee your reservation, you must provide a credit card number. If using a credit card to secure the reservation, your card will not be charged until you depart the hotel. You may cancel your reservation without penalty if you notify the hotel 24 hours prior to your scheduled arrival. Cancellations received by the hotel after that time will be subject to a cancellation fee of one night’s room plus tax.
- NPSA rates are available for three days pre-and post-event dates.
- Check-in at the hotel is after 3:00 p.m., and check-out is prior to 11 a.m. Luggage storage arrangements for early arrivals, or late departures, can be made with the bell captain in the main registration desk in the Osprey Clubhouse.
- Valet parking has been discounted for NPSA guests and is $24 per day with in/out privileges. On-property self-parking is not available.
- Fitness center is complimentary to in-house guests.
- Wireless high-speed internet access (both rooms and meeting space) is complimentary.
Click Here for Online Reservations
Reservations: 727.942.2000 – reference NPSA or group code 11A9HQ
Hotel Phone: 727.942.2000
FLY INTO TAMPA INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT, TPA
2020 Delta Air Lines Discount: travel discount of up to 10% off of domestic fares. Reservations and ticketing are available via www.delta.com. When booking online select Book, click on Advanced Search and enter the meeting code NMTVL in the “Meeting Code” box provided on the page. If the flight is eligible for the discount, “Event Code Applied” will be displayed with the fare on the search results page.
United Airlines: Discounted fares when you fly into Tampa International Airport (TPA).
Book online at www.united.com/meetingtravel and enter your Offer Code ZJFG745947 in the Offer Code box when searching for your flights.
If booking through a travel professional or United Meetings at 800-426-1122, please give them the following information:
- Agreement Code: 745947
- Z Code: ZJFG
- Outside of the United States, please call your local United Airlines Reservation Office or email [email protected] with your preferred itinerary, agreement code745947 and Z code ZJFG.
Innisbrook is conveniently located just 35 minutes from Tampa International Airport (TPA). Innisbrook does not provide transportation to and from the airport.
GROUND TRANSPORTATION: Shuttle service, and other transportation information can be found at TPA’s website.
NPSA Members can get a discounted rate on car rentals through Avis or Budget. Just go online to https://www.avis.com/en/reservation/make-reservation; and enter our AWD #D619101 under “discount codes”. Or, for Budget, click here: http://www.budget.com/, and enter Budget Fastbreak #D958401.
Discounts from Carey:
- Go online here: www.carey.com and create an account with Carey.
- Make reservations for your ground transportation including your pickup location, time, flight information, etc.
- After entering your travel details, select continue. Select “Yes” for Promo Code, and enter code (KLATAS), select Apply to continue to your vehicle selection, then “review and confirm” to enter payment information.
You can also download the app on an iPhone or Android device.
Weather and Dress
In early March, daytime temperatures are typically in the low 70’s, with evening temperatures in the 50’s-low 60’s. Average precipitation in the month of March is 3”. Business casual attire is appropriate for all business sessions and social activities during the Mid-Winter Meeting.
THINGS TO DO
Innisbrook has a multitude of onsite activities. Home to four championship golf courses, eleven tennis courts, and a world-class spa, Innisbrook reflects a setting of natural beauty where you can relax and have fun.
- 4,000 sq. ft. fitness center
- 12,000 sq. ft. spa with 12 treatment rooms. For more information, click here: www.innisbrookgolfresort.com/relax/overview
- 5 bars & restaurants: www.innisbrookgolfresort.com/dine/overview
Palm Harbor is home to Innisbrook, and has a wide variety of activities and restaurants:
Innisbrook is within 30-40 minutes of several unique communities:
- Tampa, a top-notch culinary and cultural destination. For a “best restaurant” list, click here.
- Tarpon Springs, with its Historic District evocative of a charming Greek fishing village.
- Clearwater Beach, voted #1 beach in the U.S. by TripAdvisor.
Future Meeting Dates and Locations
Pecan Industry Meetings – upcoming industry meetings.
National Pecan Shellers Association
3200 Windy Hill Road, SE; Suite 600 West; Atlanta, GA 30339
Phone: (678) 298-1189
Fax: (404) 591-6811
E-mail: [email protected]